Simulation and Training
JBUS - Joint Simulation Bus
JBUS is designed to enhance the Joint training architecture and reduce overall costs by providing a certified framework and promoting interoperability and reuse of Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) interface components.
Simply put, JBUS provides the means to translate and coordinate data between stovepiped simulation systems.
As a software framework for integrating data translation and other application modules, JBUS can be used as an LVC integration tool or a platform for investigating future LVC integration concepts.
By promoting data translation standardization, JBUS reduces the complexity, effort and risk associated with supporting protocol requirements in new and existing environments. Alion's experts can help you bring your key simulation systems together for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Reduce the number of disparate interfaces
- Support multiple, concurrent (a.k.a., many to many) translations
- Support “plug and play” interface compatibility
- Match or exceed current translation capability (throughput and functionality)
- Support user extension through a public API
- Free distribution with no licenses or proprietary components
- Enable distributed monitoring, configuration, and control via a centralized, intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) to reduce operator requirements
- Modular, extensible plug-in architecture framework
- Distributed and scalable
- Centralized user interface for deployment, configuration and runtime control
- Supports multiple, concurrent data translations (many to many protocols)
- Provides common services to plug-in modules, including:
- Dead Reckoning
- Delayed Discovery
- High Level Architecture (HLA)
- Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS)
- Link 16 (Proxy, SISO, MTC)
- Test & Training Enabling Architecture (TENA)
- OTH-Gold (GCCS)
- VMF r2 (PkG11), r3, r4, r5, r6, USMTF, TACFIRE/GDU (AFATDS)